Another weekend has come and gone and I am sad to say we got nothing accomplished! The middle of last week Steve and I started feeling a little rough, with the high pollen count I attributed it to allergies.Both of our throats, noses and eyes were killing us so I decided to close the windows and turn on the AC for the first time, I hated doing it but my eyes sure loved me for it. By the end of the week we were not feeling much better, and on Friday morning I woke up with no voice and a phone call from my mom saying my sister was being taken to the ER. My sister has been having horrible migranses and needed to be seen. They gave her some pain meds and fluids and she is seeing her Dr today to see what is going on. I had Desola for Thursday morning through Saturday morning and wouldnt you know she comes down with a 102.1 fever. I now know why parents worry so much when their children are sick, I think I woke up 50 times in the night and checked her fever and made her drink some fluids. Her mom picked her up first thing saturday morning and almost immediatly afterwards my cousin called saying her brother was being taken to the hospital and she was out of town and could I go sit with him. Well almost 8 hours later I returned home. My cousin was better and had been sent home, thank goodness he was ok.
Sunday Steve and I slept in extremely late, neither of us were still feeling 100% so we thought a day of pure rest would do us wonders. Late Sunday night our dog Wiley started yelping in pain, Steve decided he needed to be seen immediatly and rushed him to the overnight vet. They diagnosed it as a seizure and told us to see our regular vet in the morning. SO first thing Monday Steve took Wiley and dropped him off with Dr Mallard for the day. Almost right away they said they did not think it was a seizure and were going to do xrays and blood work to see what was going on. They called early afternoon to tell us Wiley had been diagnosed with Spondylosis and he also had two bone spurs on his spine. He will be taking a medicine twice daily to help with pain but it is a managable diagnosis. Along with medicine we will be changing his food to a senior food and he will be getting a big no fluffy bed to sleep on.
I am hoping for a much less eventful week and weekend coming up. The NFL draft starts Thursday evening and Steve is looking forward to that. Not to mention a certain someone will be turning 32 years old on April 28th!! I am not sure how he feels about turning 32 but it doesnt seem to be slowing him down!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow..it sounds like you've been busy, busy! I hope you both got some rest. It sounds like you got more done than you think! Sorry to hear about Wiley!
ReplyDelete